Promote diversification of CPS’ contractor/vendor base through increased opportunities for diverse vendors.
- MBE: Minority Business Enterprise 30%
- WBE: Woman-Owned Business Enterprise 7%
- MBE & WBE Board Policy
- MWBE Solicitation Forms
- MWBE Excluded Transactions
In an effort to advance supplier diversity at CPS, the Business Diversity department:
- Assure that M/WBE vendors are informed of CPS contracting opportunities
- Provide M/WBE vendors with relevant information and assistance related to CPS procurement practices and procedures, and bid/proposals specifications and requirements
- Establish a Mentor Protégé Program to assist capacity building for M/WBE firms
For more information email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Assist Agencies are comprised of not-for-profit agencies and/or chamber of commerce agencies that represent the interest of small, minority and/or women owned businesses. These organizations can help explain the certification process and assist applicants with the completion of various bid forms and applications.
OBD Certifications and Compliance Requirements
Certifications Chicago Public Schools Accepts
- City of Chicago
- Cook County
- State of Illinois
- Chicago Transit Authority (CTA)
- Illinois Department of Transportation
- Metropolitan Transit Authority
- All governmental certification
Chicago Public Schools OBD Compliance Requirements
Vendor and its subcontractors shall provide all required compliance data with respect to the Remedial Plan via the Board’s electronic system available at https://cps.diversitycompliance.com. Vendor and its subcontractors shall be responsible for responding to any requests for data or information by the noted response due dates, and shall check the electronic system on a regular basis to manage contact information and contract records. Vendor shall also be responsible for ensuring that all subcontractors have completed all requested items with complete and accurate information and that their contact information is current.
For assistance with creating a login on the Compliance website site: https://cps.diversitycompliance.com, please call the Office of Business Diversity.
We encourage all vendors to take the quick training course located on the compliance website.